Updated World

I know I haven't posted anything in a while. Things around the household have slightly chaotic. Okay, more than slightly. It's been a downright whirlwind!
You see, we have moved. "Where," you ask. Well, to the Oregon Coast. This is fulfilling a lifelong dream for me. Every since I was a small kid, I have always loved Oregon and the coast. I remember (mumble mumble) years ago (right after 3rd grade), my mother asked me if I would like to live in Oregon. I told her that I would, for maybe 6 weeks or so, but then I would miss Montana and my friends.
Yup. And ever since then, I have missed the coast. Don't get me wrong - growing up in Montana was mostly amazing! I wouldn't trade most of those experiences for anything. But I've always felt that a part of me was missing.
We went on several more trips over the years to see family and just enjoy the time out there. I went on one last trip by myself when I was 18 years old (Spring Break from my first year in college). I hadn't been back until just last summer. As soon as I set foot on the beach, I remembered why I loved it. My heart was calling, all those years, and I just sent it to voicemail. Thankfully, it was persistent.
Over two decades later, the town was almost exactly as I remembered it. And I LOVE it still. I was able to drive right to my grandfather's house (no longer Grandpa's) with no mistake. That really speaks to something embedded in my consciousness. And, the most important thing was still around, Mo's Clam Chowder! It is simply THE best, anywhere.
More importantly, my husband fell in love, too. Here was another thing that we both loved, aside from each other. We started making plans while we were on vacation and we have been moving forward ever since.
It all happened quicker than we would have thought. We just decided, one day, that we were going to pursue it, but at a leisurely pace. You know, two years or so down the road would have been great. Little did we know that the Universe had other plans for us. 
I started applying for jobs, just because. I wasn't really expecting anything to happen right away, but I was throwing my hat into the ring for shits and giggles. And then, a bite. More than one bite. Apparently, my résumé was very attractive. I had no idea. Next thing I know, I'm being courted by more than one organization for significantly more money than I ever thought I would make. Shit started to get real.
We put the house on the market. It sold in less than 24 hours after a bidding war. I landed a great job with housing included. Holy crap! This was real. We had to start packing! Rush rush rush, but make sure we pare down a bit, too.
Nevertheless, here we are. We made it. And in only 9 months from the time we actually made the decision. We haven't looked back and we really haven't missed too much about Montana, except our families and the close friends that we've made. But those relationships will never leave us. 
It feels good to be here. It feels right. It was the best decision of our lives. And now we are moving forward with other things! We are hearkening back to a simpler time. And that's another blog post that will be coming very soon. . .
But finally, my heart and my soul are quiet and content. My heart still beats ferociously with love for my husband, but I feel lighter, quickened and more satisfied.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yes. I Am. Positively Speaking.

Of Mountains and Spirit

I've Been Rejected by 80+ Jobs